The off-season started for the Bulls a bit early this year (I still don’t want to talk about it), but it looks like it has the potential to be an interesting one. With Asik’s qualifying offer, Deng and Rose coming back from injury, and the bench mob’s contract issues, there is a lot cooking. Here are a few links around the web to bring you up to speed.
- Could and should Luol be on the trading block? The reality is that Rose will be hitting his prime just as we bring Mrotic over in 2-3 years. Shouldn’t we look at moving Deng for a high draft pick who could be a part of that core that surrounds Rose from age 26-29?
- Speaking of Mrotic, the foreign phenom won’t be brought over here for at least two years. I’m guessing Gar Paxdorf just doesn’t want to pay what it will cost to bring him here before his contract expires. And why would they? Let him develop over there.
- Sounds like the Celtics are making a big push to get Asik. He would allow them to move Garnett over to PF. I just don’t see Reinsdorf shelling out the amount of cash it would take to keep him right now.
- Jason Kidd would consider playing for the Bulls. Interesting…
- Bye bye Berto Center. It looks like the Bulls will be moving back to the city. I heard it was originally built in Deerfield to accommodate Michael. No surprise there. On another note, don’t even get me started on the gentrification of that area.
- This is just a pipe dream, but Brandon Roy is trying to make a comeback….why not in Chicago?
- I’m sick of this story. It’s lose-lose. I get why Deng has to play for Britain in the Olympics, but it just sucks that he is putting off his surgery.
- I couldn’t find a good link with a roundup of the Bulls draft prospects with their 29th pick. Anyone have any good links for that? Quincy Miller? Fab Melo? Jared Cunningham?
Tags: Luol Deng, Omer Asik, Salary Cap, Trade Rumors