The Real Reasons Chicago Lost The 2016 Olympics
People in Chicago and around the country are upset and shocked over yesterday’s events. In a stunning twist, Chicago was eliminated in the first round of voting for the 2016 Olympics. That means they came in 4th, after many, including Vegas, said they were a lock to win. How could this happen you ask? Well some are pointing to an Asian conspiracy to lock out Chicago in an effort to help Tokyo’s chances of landing the games. I believe it. But I also believe there were some other decisions in Chicago’s history that may have impacted this decision. Here are the top ten REAL reasons why Chicago lost out on the 2016 Olympics:
10. The Bears fired Ditka.
9. Jerry Krause famously declared “Teams don’t win championships, organizations win championships.”
8. Bill Wirtz bought the Blackhawks
7. Eddie Cicotte and Shoeless Joe Jackson were unhappy with their paychecks in 1919.
6. Phil Jackson drew up the final play to Toni Kukoc instead of Scottie Pippen in the final 1.8 seconds of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1994.
5. Vince McMahon screwed Bret Hart out of his WWF championship belt.
4. Dusty Baker left Mark Prior in with 1 out in the 7th of Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS.
3. Lovie Smith insisted week after week, “Rex is our quarterback.”
2. Milton Bradley
1. Jay Mariotti went to Copenhagen.
There are probably many more events that have occurred in Chicago and the US at large that either directly or indirectly led to this bullshit Olympic snub. Please feel free to add your own in the comments. Tulsa 2020?