NQTC Fantasy Baseball Power Rankings
1) Rod Beck’s Mullet- Judd didn’t keep dominating through the break in the Power Rankings, but he showed up last week with a 9-0-1 win to keep the top position. Ibanez was huge for the Mullet this week hitting .481 with 12 runs and 9 rbi.
2) Sharapova’s Thigh- The Thigh has been solid all year and also had a shutout victory last week at 8-0-2. Verlander had another solid outing with 13 ks and Marmol seems to be inching toward the closer role with each embarrassing failure Kevin Gregg orchestrates.
3) Team Christianity- JC also beat up on his opponent, winning 6-2-2, including a sweep of the batting stats. This team seems to be reacting to the loss of Manny better than the Dodgers, thanks to Prince Fielder…and Jesus.
4) AFine has no Friends- Ethan and PK are getting things turned around, despite the adversarial nature of their owner relations. They put up 7 saves this week, led by Trevor Hoffman with 4. Greinke got another win and McClouth belted a couple of homers, shocking the world once again with solid contributions from a Royal and a Pirate.
5) Bronx Obamers- Sure, the Obamers are a few spots back in the standings, but they only have one loss in the last four weeks, including a 6-4 win last week. Cliff Lee has put together some nice starts lately, while Miguel Cabrera and Fonzy are putting up some nice numbers from the plate.
6) Don’t F With DeJesus- My squad can’t seem to stop losing every other week. A tough week for Armando Galaraga didn’t help, and Kevin Gregg can go punch a bear and see what happens for all I care.
7) The Bad Guy- The Bad Guy’s record isn’t too shabby, but a shutout loss doesn’t do you any favors in the rankings. In fairness, you usually shouldn’t get shut out hitting .326. Lincecum could have had a better week too, but TBG will look to rebound this week against the Bambinos.
8) Tootblan Theriots- Speaking of the Bambinos, Stormin’ Norman took one on the chin from them this week, 6-2-2. Not really much of note for this squad, except that if Jose Reyes hits .357 for the week, you’d expect him to have more than one stolen base. ¿Que Pasa Jose?
9) Mo Vaughn Mo Problems- MVMP has not won since the second week of the season and for a team that tried to rack up the saves, things aren’t going well. They’re in the bottom half of the league in most of the pitching categories. Either the saves need to start coming, or a move may be in order.
10) Chi Blackouts- The Blackouts had three straight wins before a 9-0-1 loss this week. They were doubled up in runs, rbi, and stolen bases, and more than quadrupled up in home runs. The pitching numbers weren’t a whole lot better and this thing would have been 10-0, but the opponent didn’t even play a true closer.
11) Great Bambinos- Bino moves out of the cellar with his first win of the year, a 6-2-2 victory. Brad Hawpe had an outstanding week hitting .476 with 12 rbi, while the pitching did enough to secure the win.
12) Peavyitis- Peavyitis is the new bottom feeder after a 6-2-2 loss to Team Christianity. Carlos Quentin only played three games, and managed zero hits. Now I see why he was trying to trade him. Peavy did have a win and 17 strikeouts though, so that’s something.