- The Bulls won a great game at Houston, but Deng may be lost for the year. It looks like a fracture, which doesn’t sound good. [Tribune] ***UPDATE: X-rays on Deng were negative, he is now day-to-day.
- Paul Harvey, another Chicago broadcasting legend, passed away this weekend. Why do they always go in bunches? So sad. [Chicago Breaking News]
- Cubs sign Corey Koskie to a minor-league contract. This must be a bigger deal than I think, since everyone is reporting it like it’s exciting news. [Bleacher Nation]
- Should the Bulls honor Norm Van Lier like they did for Red? And what about retiring Stormin’ Norman’s number? [Tribune]
- Obama snuck out to the Department of the Interior to play ball. I wonder how many teams were waiting to get on when he got there. [The Swamp]
- There is a behind the scenes book being written about ESPN. It doesn’t sound like it’s going to exactly be hard-hitting, but hopefully we find out some juicy stuff. [Deadspin]
- Illinois fought hard the whole game, but couldn’t get over that hump down the stretch. This would have been a big win, but we still have a shot at a 4 or 5 seed if we play well in the Big 10 tourney. [Sun-Times]
- I don’t want him, but apparently he wants us. Curt Schilling has expressed interest in playing for the Cubs this year. I couldn’t care less, that guy is a douche. [Wrigleyville23]